Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beginning

I have been thinking a lot lately about the twists and turns my life has taken thus far. It's interesting to look back and know that if I had made one different choice, in anything, my whole life would be different now. But who's to say that would be a good thing? What if this life is not the worst life I could have had?  


Think about it.....every choice, every decision.......that's the main point, really. Choices. No guns to our heads, no one coercing us (usually). We make a choice to use drugs or not use drugs. Each choice leads down a different path. We choose (usually) if we want kids or not....each also a different path. How many kids? Pets? Vegan, not vegan? Every one of those choices could have changed every aspect of the life I have now, but nothing guarantees that this is the worst I could do. One different decision, and I could be a victim of child abuse. Or I could be a Professor in a private College. 


It amazes me the incredible amount of control we have over our lives, for the most part. Yes, things happen. And it stinks. But we choose how to deal with and react to it, don't we? We can feel sorry for ourselves, or help others. We can become criminals, or advocates. We can commit suicide, or refuse to give up. But under normal circumstances, it is always our choice.


I choose to be a writer. I choose to do whatever it takes to become that writer. I choose to learn from my past, not dwell on it anymore. I choose to go outside at night, instead of hiding in my house. I choose to be happy, and do whatever it takes to make that happen (meds, hobbies, relationships, etc). I choose to be kind and generous, but I also choose not to let people use me anymore. I choose to stop trying to impress guys to get them to like me. I choose to be me from now on. I choose to have fun, and laugh, and enjoy the little things, even if others look at me funny. I wonder where this path will take me??  I am excited to find out!!!!!!!


What do you choose??

No comments: